I lost my first baby (boy) during my 21st week of pregnancy on 12/24/04. My husband and I both found the courage to try again. I hate the "again" part. We were blessed with a daughter on 4/26/06 and she's the center of our world. Here's the story of my long and emotional journey from losing the first child I loved and raising the second child I love.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Got the Ball Rolling

As if on cue, a couple of hours after my message, I heard back from the nurse at Dr. K's office. And it turns out it's a good thing I called.

They haven't gotten the written results from Dr. M's office.

What?! I talked with Dr. M on January 27th and that's when she told me there were "no results". She said they'd send the results to Dr. K but that I should call just to let her know what they were. I really didn't feel like calling so I figured they'd get the results in a week or so anyway and that point, my first cycle hadn't returned so I really wasn't in a big rush.

I told the nice nurse I'd call Dr. M's office to ask them to send the results ASAP. Nice nurse told me it could take two weeks or so for them to get the results. Geez, it's a whole 30 miles away, can we get a rush on it?

But I did ask what to do next. She said Dr. K's notes said that if everything was normal, there were some blood tests she wanted to do. I told her the results weren't "normal" - there were NONE. To me, that's not normal.

Anyway, the basic blood work will be done on me - checking for blood clotting problems, thyroid problems and something called thrombosis. So we shall see.

I'm calling Dr. M's office to leave a message. And I'm giving them one week to get the results to Dr. K. People, my clock is ticking and I'm keeping score.

On a good note, I actually feel happy that I talked to the nice nurse. It makes me feel like a person again and it really does give me hope. I feel like I'm making progress and moving forward. At least for this one moment I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home