Breastfeeding 101
Last night was our breastfeeding class. I have to say that I went into with a very open mind. Honestly, I expected it to be very hard core with the breastfeeding - like really pushing the issue on us. But, I am happy to say that it was SO wonderful and the class was even better than I could have ever expected.
Our instructor, B, was SO nice. She gave us lots of information on the whole thing and answered the top 10 most common questions. Then we got to ask our own questions, which was awesome. Most of the moms-to-be were interested in pumping, so there was a whole section on that. She went over what to expect while we're in the hosptial after we have the baby and how the Lactiation Center works, ect.
The whole thing seemed very overwhelming to me but now I feel much more at ease. Just arming myself with the information made me feel much better. I'm going to give a try and see what happens - having a plan makes things easier for me so I feel some relief.
I also have to say that dh is the best! He went with me, which only 2 other dads were there. I think it's important because even though I'm doing the breastfeeding, I'm going to need his help and support. And he understands that. Besides, it was fun to joke around with him after about the ET like baby doll and the stuffed boobie they used in class.
Only 5 more days until our next appt and ultrasound!
31 Weeks tomorrow.

1 Comments:
Good for you for taking a class on this. I am *hoping* that me and baby just figure it out. Which means...that won't happen. Blah.
5:43 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home