I lost my first baby (boy) during my 21st week of pregnancy on 12/24/04. My husband and I both found the courage to try again. I hate the "again" part. We were blessed with a daughter on 4/26/06 and she's the center of our world. Here's the story of my long and emotional journey from losing the first child I loved and raising the second child I love.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Insert Impatient Sigh Here

No baby yet. I had a rough night, with some contractions but still no pattern at all. SIGH. I'm feeling defeated which, I know, is a little silly but I was really hoping the doctor was right and today would be something. It's only 2pm so there's lots of today left - I'm trying to stay positive.

And, here's my quick list of labor-inducing hints that everyone has given me. And by everyone, I mean everyone...people at the day spa, the girl in the elevator at the doctor's office, my husband's co-workers, my friends from out of state, my family...you name it.

*Sex (ummm, NO. Just not pretty at this point, not that it's pretty ever.)
*Shall we say...."taking care of business" for myself. (another NO.)
*Nipple stimulation (see above)
*Riding down a bumpy road (because that would be comfortable!)
*Eating spicy food (a good thing to do with major heartburn and nausea - NOT)
*Doing jumping jacks (I could really hurt myself!)
*Pelvic tilts, sitting doggie style on the floor, lying in the labor/pushing positing (haa haa)
*Getting an ankle/achilies tendon/foot massage (I did get a pedicure today!)
*Walking (trying it, not sure if it's working or not)
*Walking uphill or upstairs (do my house stairs count?)

Anyone have anything to add??

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

eggplant parmesan

11:28 AM

 
Blogger Josefina said...

I've heard the sex one also, some doctor told a friend's SIL that, and maybe it was a coincidence, but baby was born next day.

I think at the end, baby is born when it has to be born, because even if I did too tell you about walking uphill, some friends did it and had to be induced anyway...LOL

Hang on, read a book, try cooking something, anything that can distract you!

Good luck!!

2:08 PM

 
Blogger jnhmom said...

A neighbor with 4 kids told me that dehydration will cause contractions. Try cutting back on how much water you drink (not drastically or anything) and see if that will do the trick!

5:21 PM

 
Blogger Roxanne said...

I've heard some people use castor oil...but I've also heard it's really not good to use it. Other than that, I have no idea!

Maybe by now you're at the hospital!

5:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home