37.2 Weeks or 19 Days...But Who's Counting?
I am 37 weeks, 2 days pregnant. FULL TERM! Sometimes I swear that I'd never make it this far and my fears of preterm labor that have kept me terrified for the last 37 weeks can ease up a little. Holy crap.
All in all, I'm feeling...well, very pregnant. Baby is active - finally! - and I can get her to kick back if it tap on my tummy. Which I try not to do but it's still fun. Ha. At any rate, everything else is uncomfortable and I'm cranky and moody, which is all to be expected. Mostly, I'm ready. I'm ready for her to be here, I'm ready to have her in my arms instead of in my belly and I'm ready to get labor and delivery over with.
My doctor (and my mother!) seem to think I'll go right up to my due date. Gee, thanks. I'm hoping for a little early but we'll see. I know it's all up to someone other than myself but I'm hoping the days go by a little faster than I'm expecting. I just can't wait.
I just realized I didn't update after my last appointment! Everything is good, my belly was 34 cm. I gained 4 pounds, which makes my grand total 26 so far. Not too bad. I asked about driving and Dr. H said there were no restrictions - just not to go too far from the hospital (like more than two hours). Check. He also told me about Braxton Hicks and that they'll get stronger and closer together - ooooh fun - and to call when they're 10 minutes apart or so for an hour or two. Check. My Strep B test came back negative, which is good and the test wasn't all that bad. He didn't do an internal. After my appt this Thursday, I'll start coming every week and they'll check to see if I'm dialted. Check.
As for my final ultrasound, it went great. The baby looks like...well a real baby!! She's so big that only one body part at a time shows up on the screen. She looked right at us and did that creepy ghost face thing but it was cute. She's measuring right on track and weighed in then at 6 pounds, 1 ounce.
I just want to meet her!

3 Comments:
These are really good news! You're just there!
Please please please you have to post lots of pictures when you come back home!!!
Good luck!!
6:18 PM
Yeah!!!!! Very very very excited for you!!!! Now I will have to check your blog like crazy. You'd better get someone to update. Don't leave us hanging! :)
2:11 PM
How exciting. Glad things continue to go well.
I know how anxious you are...because I'm the same way.
Good luck to both of us.
3:29 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home