Playing Catch Up
What a week I've had - I can't believe I haven't posted in 7 days. Some days go by so fast and others painfully slow...but this past week flew by.
On the doctor front - GREAT NEWS!! I got my appointment with the genetic counselor! Woohoo! It's next Wednesday, 6/22. Turns out that Vacation Girl wasn't the reason I got the appointment, it was all thanks to my new OB, Dr. S. I'm so psyched! I'm nervous about it but excited too. I just want answers!
I contacted all of my 'old' doctors to release my records to Dr. S. Nice Nurse called me first thing Friday morning - which has never happened - to ask a question about releasing them. She was so nice and friendly, I'm wondering what is up. My friend suggested that maybe they're wondering what another doctor will say about my records and what happened with my last prenancy...it's a thought. I thought maybe they're happy to see me go (which is a terrible thought but still I wonder). I kind of don't care, really...I'm not letting the door hit me in the ass on the way out.
On the baby making front, things are a little crazy. My fertility monitor is causing me more stress than help. I'm on cd17 and usually ovulate around cd21 or cd22. I am still getting low readings. I've switched from the poas method to the cup dipping method of taking the test in the morning...but still it's low. And my temps are all screwed up! It's so frustrating. I'm trying not to worry too much but honestly, I'm stressed out. Trying not to start bding too soon but not miss it isn't as easy as I had hoped.
And, this weekend is proving to be quite a challenge for dh and I to actually be together! I am working out of town but he's trying to get there with me for the weekend. And to make matters more stressful, it's our 5th wedding anniversary on Saturday. I just feel all of this pressure on me to get it right this month. Ack. I don't work well under pressure!

4 Comments:
Sounds like you have a ton on your plate right now.
Wishing you both a Happy Anniversary!
12:00 PM
I don't think I got a high until the day before I got a peak. Maybe I got two days of highs and then the peak two days. I know it's different for everybody, but I don't think it's strange that you wouldn't be getting high readings yet if you don't normally ovulate until days 21 or 22.
The temps are a little wacky, but if you discount today's they are still relatively normal. I think that TCOYF says that pre-o temps are generally between 97.0-97.5 (of course mine weren't like that...so who knows).
I'm glad you got the appt.!
1:57 PM
We are cycle buddies, so don't change your cycle! (like you have control, I know!) I am on cd 15 and have had all LOWS. Just waiting for a high and hopefully a peak. I never did get a peak the first month and then last month I got a peak on the day I was puking up a storm, so no TTC-ing. I think the cup method works better for me, too.
Happy anniversary!
4:09 PM
Sorry about the stress the fertility monitor is causing :(
But I hope you have a nice anniversary this weekend!
7:50 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home