Ask and You Shall Receive....Sometimes
I got the results from my MTHFR blood tests. I called my GC to find out if I could get the form we're filling out ahead of time - she said there's no form, I just need to know my family's medical history (duh) but that I should bring a copy of the MTHFR results with me to the appt on Wed. What?! I don't have those! I'm thinking Oh Great...more hunting down my records, and right after I requested everything be sent to Dr. S.
So I call Nice Nurse. She's being wayyy to helpful! She said No Problem, she could fax it right over to me and I didn't need to send a consent form or anything. Ok?! Okay! So she did and I got it - it's like reading Gibberish but that's okay. I'm glad to finally have it - and to know. Maybe Jeeves can shed some light on this for me. Or Sara, my MTHFR sistah.
I have one copy of the A1298C mutation and I do not have the C677T mutation.
Only 6 more days until my GC appointment and hopefully to getting more answers.
My fertility monitor is still saying low. I have no idea if I'll get anything else - FF is saying I should 'o' on Sunday. Hmmm. I decided to buy a package of OPKs because I'm pee-stick obsessed and can't take my monitor's low as an answer. I'm getting 2nd lines, not quite as dark as the test line, but I'm thinking maybe tomorrow or Saturday will be a +opk. My temps are still a little screwy but I haven't 'o' yet according to them (Thank God!) so that's a good sign.
The only factor in this we're (dh and I) are having a problem with is the pressure. I'm trying not to tell him all of what's going on (too late though, he knows this cycle) because I don't want him to get 'performance anxiety'. Granted, I feel like we do it to ourselves a little bit - I mean there's only a few days when I'm fertile and the bding really counts. But it's not as easy as it seems, all this baby-making "doing it". This isn't what I had in mind - although, all of that is out the window, due to the circumstances that we're in.
So here's to thinking about not thinking about.

2 Comments:
You can actually read the fertility monitor sticks as OPKs.
http://users.ekns.net/moorell/cyclex.htm
See the difference? The left side line is darker until you peak and then it actually gets lighter than the right side line. After you peak, it should switch again. So, if you save your monitor sticks, you can actually see if you are making any progess towards Oing.
Ah...the things I have learned.
6:20 PM
Glad you got your info about the MTHFR gene. I have a copy of the A1298C and I also have a copy of the C677T, but for some reason, they still consider that as being a heterozygous carrier. In other words, I don't carry both copies of the gene. (I guess you could have TWO copies of each of the A1298C and C677T.) I recently had my homocystine levels checked, but in actuality, the doctors are leaning towards THAT being the problem MTHFR could cause, which COULD lead to miscarriages. Mine were 7.3 and anything under 10 is considered "normal". Did they give you an additional supplement for Foltx?
As for your chart, I feel ya. I am so frustrated with mine. My ovulation seems to be getting pushed back further and further every month, which is not reassuring. My lines on the OPKS and the monitor sticks were getting darker and now they are lighter than a few days ago, so who knows.
Good luck this month!
6:01 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home