I lost my first baby (boy) during my 21st week of pregnancy on 12/24/04. My husband and I both found the courage to try again. I hate the "again" part. We were blessed with a daughter on 4/26/06 and she's the center of our world. Here's the story of my long and emotional journey from losing the first child I loved and raising the second child I love.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Taking Charge of My Fertility

I finally got the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" yesterday. It's AWESOME! Wow, I had no idea how much TTC information I really didn't know. The book really made me feel empowered. Like now, I have a better idea of how my fertility works and how I can learn from the signs my body gives me. I'm actually excited for my next cycle to start so I can keep up with the signs from day to day. It's amazing.

I'm also 100% addicted to charting. I could spend hours looking at other people's chart, trying to figure them out and to see how it all works. I'm fascinated. I'm also trying not to become obsessed.

Finding a BBT thermometer has been quite a challenge though. I did buy a 2nd BBT thermometor at Target on Sunday. So of course, I tried it out and compared it to the first. They're totally different...like 0.4 degrees off. So I round up my two regular thermometers and take them all one after another. And they're ALL different, one is even a degree off! Eeks! Finally, I decided that I'm going to stick with the first BBT one. It beeps every two seconds but my dh is getting used to it - at least it has a light and a memory - which the second BBT one didn't have. But what is the deal with them being off? Then I figured that only *I* would actually compare them all.

On a good note, I'm finding that my sensitivity to the baby mailings is going away. Which is a good thing. Today I got the HUGE box of baby formula from Similac. (Why I am still on this mailing list I don't know - I emailed them to get off it 4 months ago). I feel sad but I didn't cry like normal so that's a good thing. Big pregnant women right now still make me sad - that's one of the things that bother me the most. I can't help but think that right now, right this week, that should be ME. But it's not. Dh has a hard time understand this - he thinks I'm being over-sensitive, which makes me upset. I've learned not to tell him, I just keep it to myself. It's better that way.

Reading that book also has me thinking of way to take care of myself and to get in the best mindset possible to start TTC. I'm trying to eat better - more salad and colored veggies, less fat and fried stuff. I'm also trying to get info about teas that can be helpful, just to keep me hydrated and to get the antioxidants and the good stuff tea has to offer. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Here's hoping I get the call from the GC tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home