Uchenna & Joyce Win!
I am SO happy that Uchenna and Joyce won Amazing Race. Woo hoo! Since Day 1 when they were telling their story of infertility and miscarriage, my heart went out to them. And last night when they won the million dollars - wow!! Not only do they seem like amazing people, they are now going to be able to start the in-vitro journey!! And Uchenna said if that doesn't work, "adoption here we come". It was so nice to see them win and I'm really hoping their quest for a baby is successful.
Lately I'm a big fan of pregnancy loss awareness. I feel like it's this big secret, which I don't really know why, but when someone is going through or has gone through it, the most important thing is support! Why is it so hush-hush?? Of course, then there's Britney Spears being "rush to the hospital because she thought was having a miscarriage". I've never seen anyone being rushed to the hospital via driving herself in her convertible. I would never wish anything bad to happen but I think that was a little overdone. And now we have the latest Hollywood pregnancy - Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck. I'm sure they weren't even trying and she's pregnant. SIGH.
Anyway, my due date came and went. I'm still sad but it's a different kind of sad. I feel in my heart that we would have been home from the hospital today. I would have put out the balloons to let everyone know we were home. We would have had company in and out all day long. I'm so hoping for this to happen, for our different child. I saw a girl yesterday walking outside and she looked like me - same color hair, same length and she was wearing a maternity outfit I have - she was adorable. It freaked me out at first because she really looked like me. But she was pregnant and that is exactly what I want very soon.
My biggest TTC news - I have a new ob!! Woo hoo!! I called Monday and told them my situation and asked if I should come in now or wait until I'm pregnant. The nice phone lady said it was my choice and I told her I'd like to come in now. She asked me some questions as to whom I'd like to see - I told her a doctor (they also have nurse-midwives), someone who's patient and that I have a complicated history. She suggested Dr. S and that's just fine. I went online and saw her picture and read her profile and I'm so hoping she's perfect for me. Also, it says she has a clinical interest in high-risk pregnancies. Perfect.
Today is CD17 and I'm hoping to O soon. I've been using OPKs since Sunday and still a BFN. FF says I'll o on Friday but my TCOYF software says Monday. Hmmm. I hope Miss Egg and Mr. Sperm meet soon.

2 Comments:
Amanda -
You sound much more positive. Glad to hear that you found an OB that you may like. Also to hear that the infertility couple won. I don't watch Amazing Race, but had heard their story. Hope you're doing well.
Holly
9:11 AM
I came across your blog through bloglines. I wish you all the best of luck!
1:40 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home