Full Circle
Today, my doctor gave me the "go ahead" to start trying to conceive.
I am ecstatic. Finally! Nice Nurse called me back and said Dr. K told her there's no reason for us to wait. We can meet with the GC while we're trying and she gave us the green light. Of course, after I got of the phone with Nice Nurse, I cried. I am so happy! I'm off this roller coaster of waiting for answers (for now) to move onto another one. I know the journey ahead is not easier - just different - and I'm so glad to finally be here.
I asked dh if he was ready and his first question was "When are you ovulating". Then he said, "Are YOU ready?" I told him I am. I feel in my heart that I am as ready as I'll ever be. When we tried the first time, I remember thinking, "Okay, if I'm ever going to be ready, this is it. Let's try." Comparing the two, I have to say that I feel 100% ready compared to last time. Which is strange to me since I also have that fear. I'm scared but right now, I'm more happy.
It feels like I have come full circle in a sense. That I made it through the last 4 months and finally, I'm at the beginning again. For once (one second anyway) I can see past what "should be" and I can see what really is. That I'm here, where things are and that it's come full circle.
Today is CD32. I think I will have a 36 day cycle, if I've learned anything about my body. I'm also thankful it's toward the end of my cycle - only a few more weeks until Miss Egg is on her way.
Please, oh please, let this happen for me. And very soon.

3 Comments:
Amanda -
Good for you!! I think that's great news. It is a true milestone when you get to start trying officially. Like you, I sort of felt like a monkey was off my back. Not that it erases anything that has happened to you, but it does return some sense of normalcy.
Holly
10:12 AM
I am so glad that gave you the go-ahead. What meds are you going to be taking, if any?
11:12 AM
Amanda,
I am so happy that you seem to be thinking positively and having good thoughts. That is so great. I really hope that this journey goes quickly for you and that you can find joy in it.
5:43 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home