My TTC List of Crazy
It's official. I'm going crazy.
Today is cd32. Usually I have 32-34 day cycles. My temp dropped today but is still above the coverline. I'm not sure when I ovuated. We didn't bd nearly as much as I'd hoped. Yet I'm holding onto the tiniest thought that maybe - just maybe - I'm pregnant.
Of course, I'm sure I'm not. Why do I do this to myself? And, for the love of God, I just want AF to show up, to prove me wrong and to get going on the next month. Put me out of my misery already!
I was thinking of all the crazy things I've done - and still do - on my quest for a BFP...and a second shot a motherhood. Some are good, most are obsessive. Here's just a few:
*I have dug through my trash can to find a day old pee stick (OPK or HPT, either one!) to see if maybe that second line magically appeared hours after I tossed it.
*I have had open conversations about my cervical fluid with my husband.
*Our sex life is posted on the Internet.
*I've spent a small fortune on various pee sticks, doctor's visits and a fertility monitor.
*Dh askes me every morning how my temperature is (which is so adorable)
*I have a morning routine that, most days out of any given 34, requires I pee on at least one stick, sometimes two, first thing in the morning.
*I then rush to my computer, after the pee stick routine, to post it on the Internet.
*I'm a member of a somewhat elite group of women online who have gone through similar experiences also
*I've learned not to take any crap from nurses or doctors, and when they don't give you the right answer, keep asking.
and, my personal favorite today,
*I cannot talk myself out of taking a pregnancy test too early! Just can't do it!!
Feel free to add your own....

3 Comments:
Very good summary of just how bizarre our lives have become!! But you forgot to mention that you then tell lots of complete strangers the most intimate details of your life on a blog. It is all a bit surreal, isn't it? LOL
12:58 PM
Okay . . . check all of the above for me, as I have done or do ALL of those things, too.
Add to the list that I find myself talking to people I have just met about how my fertility sucks and how I spend the last two weeks of every month cutting out caffeine and anything unhealthy and then the first two weeks eating all of the crap I missed out on the two weeks previous.
7:13 PM
I am long past any shame....Yes. I'm a wacko. What's new?
I'll be honest. I have NO idea what's going on with your chart. I look at it every day and see to see if it will make more sense, but it doesn't.
10:32 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home