I lost my first baby (boy) during my 21st week of pregnancy on 12/24/04. My husband and I both found the courage to try again. I hate the "again" part. We were blessed with a daughter on 4/26/06 and she's the center of our world. Here's the story of my long and emotional journey from losing the first child I loved and raising the second child I love.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Distractions, Anyone?

Does anyone have any? Good distractions, that is!!

I'm focusing on not thinking about ttc. Easier said than done. I'm still feeling relaxed but each day closer to o is making me a little more anxious. Ugh. I hate this part. Today is cd9. Only another 15-20 more days to go. I'm also thinking about my long-term plan and when I'm going to throw in the towel and call the doctor. I'm going to give it another 3 months, if I can make it that long. Hopefully I won't have to. We'll see.

I had a good weekend. Dh and I went to a cookout on Saturday and I drank too much. It was very fun. It was my hopefully-last-time-drinking party too, which was awesome. Nothing like a good hangover. Haaaaa. I want to see Wedding Crashers, which we didn't do this weekend but will this week. Movies in the theatre are a great distraction - it's like time goes on for two hours without noticing it and I like that.

If anyone has any other good distraction ideas, please let me know.

As for the yoga, a few of you asked about the fertility poses. Honestly, I've done yoga a few times in different classes and the Fertility Yoga DVD isn't really any different. I'm very new at this, but the poses are pretty standard - downward dog, warrior, frog pose...there's a whole hour's worth of them, but there's nothing that I think is just for fertility. I'm going to watch the DVD again and jot down the poses so I know what's on next and I'll let you girls know.

Happy Monday, everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Foxxy One said...

Frog and poses like that are going to get into your pelvic region and reallllly open them up (as much as I hate frog... I love it). Pigeon is also a good pelvic opener.

I'm learning to enjoy yoga :)

12:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home