Sinus Schminus
Just as I had thought, I have a nice sinus infection. GROSS. At the doctor's office, I see the same nurse I saw last September when I was pregnant and had the same thing. Luckily, she didn't remember me. Today, she's telling me to take a decongestant and when I told her I'm trying to get pregnant, she said, "Oh, nevermind. You can't take that then". So I ask her what I can take - since it feels like my head my implode. She tells me another brand is okay - but she's not really sure since it's a class C medication and that means it hasn't been studies in pregnant women. I tell her I haven't ovulated yet and is it okay to take for a few days and, the best answer ever: "It's really up to you if you want to take it or not". ?!?!? Then, I think to cover her ass, she tells me I should really call my obgyn to find out what they suggest to their pregnant patients for decongestants...every office is different and she doesn't want to step on anyone's toes.
I think my favorite part of our conversation is her asking me if we'd like to "not try" for a week while I take this medicine. What?!?! I don't get it.
Then later today, I had a nice patch of EWCM. It's only cd12 and fertility monitor says low. Must be a fluke. Can being sick cause this?! My temp went from 96.5 yesterday to 98.5 today but I really think it's due to my head issues. Hmmmmm.
I haven't done my yoga in two days. Downward dog with a stuffy head isn't so relaxing. I'm hoping to kick this in a few days so I get back into the swing of things. I actually miss yoga. I never thought I'd say that.
Being sick is quite a distraction though - just not exactly what I had in mind!
Dh and I went on a date last night to see "Wedding Crashers". It was funny. It was nice to get away from everyone and relax for awhile - we went swimming before so it was a nice evening. We're going to try to do more date-like things more often.

3 Comments:
Hi dear :-)
Coming from sinus-infection queen over here, my OB said it is safe to take "tylenol cold and sinus/flu", but THAT IS IT. (he stressed it, not me.) I also just loaded the mentholatum around my nose and bought a humidifier and was better in no time.
PS - My temps also shot up when I was sick, so it could just be that.
4:26 PM
Yeah....your chart is looking way more normal this month! Hope you see a temp shift soon!
12:52 PM
Woo-hoo! Peak reading! Get it on!!
4:52 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home