I lost my first baby (boy) during my 21st week of pregnancy on 12/24/04. My husband and I both found the courage to try again. I hate the "again" part. We were blessed with a daughter on 4/26/06 and she's the center of our world. Here's the story of my long and emotional journey from losing the first child I loved and raising the second child I love.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

My Big Faint Positive Update

This weekend was so crazy busy for me! I haven't had two minutes to update until right now and I wanted to give the update on my testing addiction.

Since Friday night, I have taken 7 pregnancy tests.
There is some kind of second line on them all.

I've used the First Response Early and Answer Early tests. Then just for fun, I used a regular Brooks Pharmacy brand not early test tonight. I also tried a dollar store test that a friend gave me - not an early one - and got a faint line last night on that one too.

So, it's looking like I just might really be...pregnant.

I am trying not to freak out. I think I'm still in shock. It's hard to believe, like maybe it's all my imagination or something. That's the hard part! I'm planning to call Dr. S first thing in the morning to make an appt for a blood test. Right now, I just need confirmation..someone to tell me I'm not going crazy. And that I really am pregnant.

On the symptoms front, my boobs are huge! They got that way overnight. It's crazy! I have a weird feeling in my stomach - which I remember from last time. Not crampy...just pressure-ish. I also thought I was going to throw up at the smell of food cooking tonight.

Now it's wait until the morning to see what's next. One day at a time, right? Right now I just want this to be true and then I can start going from there.

And BIG hugs and happy thoughts to Sara and Holly, who are in similar boats this weekend too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I am so happy that you are still getting positives! (and I am secretly happy that I am sharing in my own little joy and HOPING mine lasts his time.)

Because of a car situation with my husband and I, the beta may not actually happen for us until Tuesday morning and then again on Thursday.

Think big, fat, doubling numbers!

5:30 PM

 
Blogger Sara said...

That was supposed to be "THIS" time, not . . . HIS time. (hehe)

5:31 PM

 
Blogger Julie said...

Congrats!!! A line is a line is a line (or in this case 7 lines!) and there is just no way they could all be false positives. You ARE pg. Sending lots and lots of sticky vibes your way!!!

5:41 PM

 
Blogger Roxanne said...

Yeah!!!!! Excellent excellent news!

6:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home