I lost my first baby (boy) during my 21st week of pregnancy on 12/24/04. My husband and I both found the courage to try again. I hate the "again" part. We were blessed with a daughter on 4/26/06 and she's the center of our world. Here's the story of my long and emotional journey from losing the first child I loved and raising the second child I love.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Wednesday is THE DAY!

I am being induced Wednesday morning at 8am.
Thank the Lord! :)

Dr. F is the best, I love her! She said Dr. H should have scheduled my induction *last* week - she can't believe I've been 4cm dilated for over two weeks and they didn't induce me. SIGH. No kidding! Ha!

At any rate, she's really nice. She asked if I was induced when we lost the baby before, which is something I've been thinking about a lot lately, but I told her no, I had a D&C. She wanted to make sure I hadn't been through the induction (and birth) route, which I thought was really nice of her. Nobody else had even mentioned it before. Interesting.

Anyway, I gained 5 pounds this week - yikes!! That puts my total up to 34 pounds. I haven't been as hungry lately so I'm surprised I gained that much but oh well. I think I'm bloating up too, in my hands and face (nothing serious, just hot weather and a LOT of water!) but I'm glad my weight gain is almost done.

AND she thinks the baby is NOT 9 or 9 1/2 pounds. WHEW! Her guess is 8 to 8 and a half. She thinks Dr. H's guess of 6 1/2 to 7 pounds is a little on the small side. I guess when it comes down to it, they don't really know :)

I am so happy and so relieved to have the induction date! YEAH!! I can't believe that later this week she'll be here. Well, I can kind of believe it, but I'm so excited that it's actually going happen. Yey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

How exciting! I can't wait to "meet" your precious little one too!

11:16 AM

 
Blogger Josefina said...

Hey at last!!!!
well, the waiting is over, so now we'll really miss you for some good days, until you are well set again at home with your baby!!

6:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home