I lost my first baby (boy) during my 21st week of pregnancy on 12/24/04. My husband and I both found the courage to try again. I hate the "again" part. We were blessed with a daughter on 4/26/06 and she's the center of our world. Here's the story of my long and emotional journey from losing the first child I loved and raising the second child I love.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Stuck Here, Still Waiting

I caved last night and bought an OPK. Yup, not like I can use it for another 6 weeks or so but I have it on hand. Which really doesn't do much for me other than make me want the days to go by faster so I can test it out. And hopefully become pregnant again.

I kinda figured they'd be similar in use and looks to home pregnancy tests, which they are. It's kind of ironic that they look like the same freaking thing.

So I'm still stuck in this waiting period. Literally. It sucks. I have to say that I'm happy to finally have an idea of when we can trying again but until Day 1 of that cycle, I can't help but feel stuck here. There's no going back but there's no moving forward yet either. And to top it off, I'm still waiting on the doctor's office again. I hate waiting.

Tuesday I'm calling Nice Nurse to see if she's gotten copies of my test results and the pathology report yet. If not, I'm calling the other hospital to get a move on it. It's stupid that my whole overall mental health rests on those results and getting the plan going to move forward. I need some kind of progress. At least when I have an appointment for the blood tests it'll feel like I've started the process. Then I can start bugging them for those results.

Ah, one step at a time. For now, I'm stuck here...still waiting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy Orrison and Holly Snyder said...

I'll wait with you...I think we're trying next month. I hope my body's ready. Do the doctors do a blood test to check that out or something? I really want to read "Trying Again". Two B&N that I have visited do not have it. Why is that? That's something that they should keep in stock. When people ask for a book like that, they really need it.

8:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home