Now We Wait
I called Dr. S's office this morning. The nurse (who I'll call Nurse F for friendly!) told me they usually wait until you're two weeks late before making an appointment to come in. I asked if I could come in sooner to confirm if I'm pregnant. Nurse F was very nice but seemed to wonder why I wanted to come in.
Finally, I told her I lost a baby in December and I'm a nervous wreck right now. She was very sympathetic and asked if I was early in the pregnancy. I told her no. She said I could in right away for a urine test - but she did point out they are the same tests I have, they're just like the ones from any pharmacy. Good point. Then she asked me what I was thinking - and she told me she realized waiting two weeks would be like torture.
I told her she was right - it was still still early. And that I can wait until Monday to come in for a confirmation test. She said that was fine, to call next Monday and they'll get me right in. She said if I want to come in beforehand, just to call.
So that's the verdict. I feel a little silly for some reason, even though I know I shouldn't.
Now we wait.

4 Comments:
Amanda,
When she says coming in for a confirmation, I assume she means a urine test? You know they can run a beta test on your blood to see if your numbers are doubling and if the pregnancy looks good. I'm not necessarily advocating that if it would just make you more nervous, but don't let her put you off just because this is what they "usually" do. You are not the usual patient. But it sounds like you're okay with this, so that's good. I am really hoping that things go smoothly!
8:02 AM
I've got everything crossed for you!
8:41 AM
I was wondering why they wouldn't do a blood test too. It seems like you could push for one if you think that is what might give you a second of peace. If it really bugs you then I would call back and ask if they could possibly let you get bloodwork. Lots and lots of sticky vibes coming your way!!!
12:24 PM
Relax and try to enjoy these days. You deserve the happiness mama.
1:03 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home