I lost my first baby (boy) during my 21st week of pregnancy on 12/24/04. My husband and I both found the courage to try again. I hate the "again" part. We were blessed with a daughter on 4/26/06 and she's the center of our world. Here's the story of my long and emotional journey from losing the first child I loved and raising the second child I love.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Waxing is Relaxing

Today I did a normal person activity! I got my eyebrows waxed. My mom watched baby while I ran out to get it done. Boy oh Boy did it feel good! I never thought any kind of wax could be so wonderful. It's crazy!!

Baby girl was up from 3am on today. She wasn't fussy - just cooing at herself and smiling all night long at her toys. Cute, yes. Good for Mommy sleeping, no. SIGH.

Hopefully at her next appt in 4 weeks we'll get the okay to let her sleep through the night. I cannot wait for that! Otherwise, being a Mom is going well. Today was a rough day. I try to remind myself that's okay - some days will be good and some days will be bad. And tomorrow's a new day and a good day so I just have to hang in there.

I'm still struggling with pumping milk for my freezer stash. I only pumped once today (bad me!) but I got almost 2 ounces, which is the most ever for a pumping session. Woo hoo. Go team nipples.

Being a mom has taught me I can do things I never thought I could.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josefina said...

Well, of course there are better and worse days!!!!
Hang on, you have a such wonderful baby!!!

8:40 AM

 
Blogger Isabel said...

You are so good to keep pumping. I know I should be doing it, but I hate to actually sit down and do it.

Hooray for the waxing. Always fun to have it done!

4:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home