The First 8 Weeks
Holy crap, I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted! Wow! The time is flying by. Things are going MUCH better now. Honestly, the first 2 weeks and then some are a total blur and I can't believe it's only been a month or so since then. What a roller coaster parenthood is.
But I'm loving it! Baby K is 8 weeks old now. She is just the cutest thing ever! Of course I'm sure every parent thinks that but it's true. Ha. We're still getting into a routine - which how much of a routine can we have at this point anyway?!?!- but each week is better. She's a superstar sleeper and sleeps 4-6 hour strechs at night. She's an all around happy baby, not too fussy (knock on wood!) and pretty easy to entertain right now. I am so, so lucky.
We have her 2 month appt at the pediatrician office on Tuesday. I have a huge list of questions, which I can't wait to ask, and she's going to get her first round of shots. Eeeks. I hear it's terrible so I'm bracing myself but I'm sure once she cries, I'll cry too. But we will survive.
I had my 6 week postpartum appt. It was uneventful. I got the all clear to resume my 'pre-pregnancy activities', work and otherwise (wink, wink). Ironically, two days after my appt, I got my period. It's weird because as you all know, I'm breastfeeding - and I'm on the pill. Go figure. I actually called on Thursday to find out what the deal was since my breastfeeding sherpa friends all said they didn't get a period until after weaning, so I'm wondering what's up. But the nurse never called me back....SIGH.
And, now the boobie update. I'm happy to report that breastfeeding is going very well. I'm really happy with it and I'm pretty proud of myself. Pumping, however, sucks and I hate it. I try to pump once a day when I'm not at work. I manage to pump every 3-4 hours when I am at work and it's such a pain - pumping in the car sucks too. But it's necessary so I do it, although my goal is 6 months of breastfeeding and I'm 1/3 of the way there. Yipeeeee for that.
I have joined the new mommy's group and it's one of the BEST things ever to happen to me. It's very weird at first - like a therapy group but everyone's got a kid. We went back the second week and made new friends. And now it's awesome. I feel like I belong there and everyone's really nice, which is great. I'm pleasantly surprised. We also have started going to story hour at the library once a week which was another pleasant surprise. Me with a baby. In a Mommy group. And at story hour.
It's all still surreal.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home